Fifty Shades Darker (book 2 of trilogy)
PBR Book Review:After finishing the first book Fifty Shades of Grey, I immediately downloaded the second book, Fifty Shades Darker. I was hooked on the series. As the story continues, so does the romance between Christian and Ana as they hash out their differences about the future of their relationship. Once again, I am enthralled with the banter between the characters as they flirt through e-mails and telephone calls. As the book progresses, more is revealed about Christian’s childhood and the ramifications of the abuse he endured. Reader beware, “Fifty Shades Darker “ has strong sexual content, which involves BDSM. It’s not for everyone. However, the real appeal of this book is the love story between Christian and Ana. As in all relationships it has it’s ups and downs and is filled with compromises. It’s all very entertaining and will surely provoke a stimulating if not educational discussion. I highly recommend this book as a selection for book clubs.
Book Club Talking Points: Talking Points:
This is the second book in the Trilogy and focuses more on the relationship between Christian and Ana. As the characters grow and develop, more is exposed about Christians past. Ana struggles with confines of the romance and her own
*Author Website: http://www.eljamesauthor.com/
*Other Books by Same Author: “Fifty Shades of Grey (Book 1 of Fifty Shades trilogy)”, “Fifty Shades Freed (Book 3 of Fifty Shades trilogy)”.
1) How did “Fifty Shades Darker” measure up to the first book? Did it meet your expectations?
2) What is your favorite Christianism? Such as lip biting, twitchy palm, favorite phrase etc.?
3) Do you find Christian attractive? Why or why not?
Do you think fifty shades is an accurate description for him?
4) How do you feel about Christian’s control issues? What affect do you think this has on a young woman Ana’s age? Do you feel she’s ready for such a big commitment?
5) Both characters seem to be flawed in some way. What needs to you think Christian and Ana fill for each other? How realistic do you feel the flaws were?
6) As Christian and Ana grow, where do you see the relationship going? How much of the relationship do you feel is based on sex?
7) Ana mentioned Christian doesn’t have many friends, how do you think this affects the intensity of their relationship. As they venture into the outside world as a couple, how will it affect them?
8) Christian seems to elude such a strong exterior. Were you surprised by his self -doubt? How common a feeling amongst powerful men do you think this is? What about people in general?
9) A large portion of this book deals with BDSM. Did this change your prospective on that type sex in any way? Have your re-examined your own sex life?
10) The book revolves around a very wealthy lifestyle. How do you think this influenced the attraction between Christian and Ana? Does Christian extreme wealth make him more attractive?
11) Did the ending leave you wanting more of the Greys? Why or why not?
(Questions by PBR. Please feel free to use them with acknowledgment.)
Vintage – 544 pages – April 17, 2012 –ISBN: 0345803493|
Daunted by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades. While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.